Amerisure creates exceptional value for its partners, policyholders, and employees. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing, and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, and have more than $825 million in Direct Written Premiums and $1.08 billion in surplus.
We are recruiting for a Senior Risk Management/Loss Control Consultant to join our Texas team. This will be a remote position that will sit within the territory, which includes northeast Texas and Arkansas.
Performs insurance risk management surveys on complex risk, to attain policy holder risk improvement through reduction of safety hazards. Promotes markets and otherwise advances the Company through relationships with their exclusive or dedicated Partners for Success® (PFS) Agency and their clients.
- Execute consultative risk management surveys at policyholders’ premises and develop loss prevention program recommendations based on observations made during the survey.
- Collaborate with underwriters to provide risk management risk recommendations and participate with underwriting and claims in complex risk new business acquisition and account retention.
- Conduct training sessions for the policyholder in loss prevention techniques.
- Promote markets and otherwise advances the Company through relationships with their exclusive or dedicated agency and their clients.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to assigned PFS agent(s) on risk management matters.
- Mentor and train other risk management consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management or a related field, preferred.
- CSP, ARM or CHSM designation preferred.
- 5 years of experience in safety, risk management or engineering.
- Knowledge of Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission Rule 31 and 32 a plus!
- Experience in construction and or manufacturing industries preferred.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel daily, which includes driving between local and long distance locations.
- Travel varies, and could be up to two overnights per month.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance-based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.